Nulty Funeral Home
was established in 1888 when James T. Nulty began to offer his services as "Practical Embalmer and Undertaker" in the Frankford section of Philadelphia. In 1905, the business moved to 4292 Frankford Avenue, where it still stands proudly on the corner of Church Street. Also in 1905, John Nulty joined his father in the funeral home at the age of 16 and began to learn the family business. The tradition continued as John's son James came into the business in 1938, and James Jr. in 1965.
While Jim remains involved in the funeral home, he has officially retired and the majority of the everyday responsibilities fall to his granddaughter, Sarah, and his son-in-law, Paul. Since their first funeral in 1888, the Nultys have served thousands of families as they face the difficult task of saying goodbye to a loved one.